Convenient Senior Transportation Services
The Senior Transportation Program offered by Catholic Charities of Jackson, Lenawee and Hillsdale counties provides Jackson County seniors without reliable transportation with rides to and from their doctor and medical treatment appointments through the generosity of our volunteer drivers. The service is provided at no cost, but eligibility and scheduling requirements do apply.
We invite adults age 55 and better to use their life experience and skills to answer the call of their neighbors in need as volunteer drivers.
Benefits to Your Neighbors
- Providing transportation to vital medical services
- Offering compassionate assistance to the frail elderly
- Filling a need in the community
- Door to door service when no other options are available
Advantages for our Program Volunteers
- The opportunity to use your experience and skills
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference
- Helping some very special people
Set Your Own Schedule
Giving anywhere from 4 to 40 hours per week, volunteers work and serve in their community. As a volunteer, you will enrich your own live as well as others by helping where you are needed most.
You set your schedule. You decide how much or how little you want to drive based on your availability. We work with your schedule.
Join and become part of something wonderful!